Follow Bathelen Nails on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 31 October 2014

Not Halloween It's Adventure Time!

Happy Halloween!
I'm the first to admit that I don't actually like this particular 'holiday', I struggle to get into dressing up and I hate horror films! So a scary themed party is not exactly my idea of fun.
 
However this year I am going dressed as Fionna the Human for Halloween! Fans of Adventure Time will know what this means, but for those of you who haven't seen the show, it's a cartoon on the Cartoon Network channel about a load of colourful characters who have essentially evolved from the items which survived the end of the world as we know it. Cheerful huh? Finn is the last of the human race, and Fionna is his female counterpart in a series of character written fan fiction in the show. I've probably confused you now, so on to the nails!!
 
Each nail represents a different character, from thumb to pinkie it's B-Mo, Jake the dog, Finn the Human, Lumpy Space Princess and Gunther the Evil Penguin.
 
I started by doing the base colour for each nail, again in that order I used China Glaze Towel Boy Toy, a yellow from George @ Asda, China Glaze White on White, a purple from George, and China Glaze Liquid Leather.
For the details I used a combination of dotting tools and a striping brush.
Once dry I topped it all off with a coat of Seche to seal them, and then a coat of OPI Matte to make them really pop! I think the matte really helps the whole cartoon character aspect.
Unfortunately I didn't seal my thumb first (learnt from my mistake!) so B-Mo's poor face is all smudged :(
 
Hope you like these, I'd love to see what you all have done for Halloween so feel free to leave me a link and I'll check them out!
Bx
 
 
 





1 comment:

  1. Haha love these they look fab! I haven't watched Adventure Time yet but definitely want to x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...