Follow Bathelen Nails on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 29 March 2013

OPI Rainbow Connection from the Muppets Collection

Today I have swatches and review of OPI's The Rainbow Connection, which was part of the Muppet Collection a few years ago. First of all, I should mention that I received this by accident ... I had tried to order The Living Daylights, which is similar is style but not in colour, and I received this. Ebay seller fail. But I got a full refund and got to keep the polish so win win situation if you ask me! 

Rainbow connection is a multi coloured scattered glitter. Although it is beautiful I have now decided that I'm not a fan of scattered glitters. I just don't get it ... I mean it's great fun to have on my nails, and it looks like I got let loose in a nursery art area but I think I prefer normal glitters like Dorothy Who? and Ruby Pumps as I've swatched previously on here, or glitter polishes used in nails art. Hard to explain, but I just don't get it =/ I'll keep hold of it for now as I have nothing like this in my stash but if any of you lovely ladies want a swap then get in touch :) 

My dislike for this style aside, the colours in this are amazing! Application wise, I applied this over Zoya Pixie Dust in Dahlia (I was wearing it anyway - wouldn't waste such a stunning polish as an undercoat!) but if you were wearing it over something lighter or on its own you would fairly need to layer it up. This was two coats, maybe three. Also the larger hex glitters were a tad awkward, sometimes sticking together instead of spreading, and I got one right at the tip of my nail which just sat and bent over the tip. Not pretty. but as you can see in the last two pics in natural light, the colours are amazing. 

All in all this is a beautiful polish, amazing colours, very eye catching and I imagine it'd be a great polish to wear on a night out to get your nails some attention, however this style of polish just isn't for me. Also it took me 40 minutes to remove. Say what?! (no, I didn't try the foil thing, I just soaked my fingertips in polish remover until it softened. Still only used two cotton pads :D)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...